7.14. riscv (RISC-V)¶
This BSP offers 13 variants:
Each variant corresponds to a GCC multilib. A particular variant reflects an ISA with ABI and code model choice.
The basic hardware initialization is not performed by the BSP. A boot loader with device tree support must be used to start the BSP, e.g. BBL. The BSP must be started im machine mode.
The reference platform for this BSP is the Qemu virt machine.
22.214.171.124. Build Configuration Options¶
The following options are available at the configure command line.
- If defined to a non-zero value, then print a message and wait until pressed before resetting board when application terminates.
- If defined to a non-zero value, then reset the board when the application terminates.
- If defined to a non-zero value, then print the exception context when an unexpected exception occurs.
- The maximum size of the device tree blob in bytes (default is 65536).
- The default baud for console driver devices (default 115200).
- The maximum number of external interrupts supported by the BSP (default 64).
- Enables the HTIF support if defined to a non-zero value, otherwise it is disabled (disabled by default).
- The maximum number of NS16550 devices supported by the console driver (2 by default).
- The begin of the RAM region for linker command file (default is 0x70000000 for 64-bit with -mcmodel=medlow and 0x80000000 for all other).
- The size of the RAM region for linker command file (default 64MiB).
- Enables support sifive Freedom E310 Arty board if defined to a non-zero value,otherwise it is disabled (disabled by default)
126.96.36.199. Interrupt Controller¶
Exactly one Core Local Interruptor (CLINT) and exactly one Platform-Level
Interrupt Controller (PLIC) are supported. The maximum number of external
interrupts supported by the BSP is defined by the
RISCV_MAXIMUM_EXTERNAL_INTERRUPTS BSP option.
188.8.131.52. Clock Driver¶
The clock driver uses the CLINT timer.
184.108.40.206. Console Driver¶
The console driver supports devices compatible to
- “ucb,htif0” (depending on the
- “ns16550a” (see
RISCV_CONSOLE_MAX_NS16550_DEVICESBSP option), and
- “ns16750” (see
- “sifive,uart0” (see
They are initialized according to the device tree. The console driver does not configure the pins or peripheral clocks. The console device is selected according to the device tree “/chosen/stdout-path” property value.